INTERTANKO A Guide for Correct Entries in the Oil Record Book (Part I – Machinery Space Operations) 4th Edition 2021
In line with IMO regulations, every oil tanker of 150 GT and above and every ship of 400 GT and above must provide and maintain an oil record book (ORB) on board.
This publication is a guide to completing entries within the ORB in a proper and consistent manner.
This fourth edition of Part I of the ORB retains the structure of the previous edition and contains:
- Instructions and interpretations on how to properly record all related operations in accordance with MARPOL 73/78, Annex I, Regulation 17
- A list of operations to be recorded
- Frequently found failures or mistakes
- Detailed examples for all related operations.
It will assist ship operators in defining the controls and activities necessary to ensure that:
- All operations referred to in regulation 17 of Annex I of MARPOL 73/78 consolidated edition 2017 as amended, are recorded in the ORB
- All records are in accordance with the format stipulated by Appendix III of Annex I of MARPOL 73/78 consolidated edition 2017 as amended
- The records in the ORB are compatible with the records in the other log books.
The Guide may also be used as a training tool for personnel ashore and on board.