British Admiralty UK Practice and Exercise Charts Q6402 Practice and Exercise Areas – S.W. Sheet – Poole to Isle of Man
Main Chart Details
- Chart Title: Practice and Exercise Areas – S.W. Sheet
- Publication Date: 09/11/1951
- Latest Edition date: 13/12/2012
- Chart Size: 956 x 636 (mm)
Chart Panel Details
- Panel Name Practice and Exercise Areas – S.W. Sheet
- Area Name Poole to Isle of Man
- Natural Scale 500000
- North Limit 54 05′.00N
- East Limit 1 50′.00W
- South Limit 49 45′.00N
- West Limit 6 30′.00W
Co-ordinates given are usually those of the four extremities of the chart. In many cases not all the area within will be fully charted*.Customers should check that the chart meets their requirements by viewing the chart image (where available).Mariners should always use the largest scale navigational chart available.
*Reasons may include
- Continuation of coverage of a small part outside the main area of chart coverage e.g a river.
- Inset plans and the chart title block and notes also take up space, therefore geographical information cannot be shown in this area.
- A need to refer to larger scale of chart, such waters are often “blued out” to avoid excessive maintenance work applying numerous NM corrections to an area of the small scale chart where the navigator will be using a larger scale chart.
- Coverage is better served from a different chart because of typical routeings.